Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

WOOLEY GETS OUT JUST IN TIME


CityBusiness
staff report
(excerpt)

NEW ORLEANS — Adams and Reese LLP announced former Insurance Commissioner of Louisiana J. Robert Wooley has joined the firm as of today.

"My decision was made after careful consideration for my family, the employees of the Department of Insurance and the voters who placed their confidence in me more than two years ago," Wooley said of his decision to step down from public office earlier this month. "When I joined the Department (of Insurance) in 1999, for what I saw as a brief time, I never imagined I would become commissioner.

"I have always said that I am not a politician. That made my decision to run for commissioner then just as difficult as the decision to leave the office. However, looking to the future, I decided to leave public office to pursue new opportunities."

RELATED STORY: ADVOCATE, La. home insurance rates could rise 30%

Louisiana homeowners may see their insurance rates jump 30 percent or more because of last year’s hurricanes. Commercial property coverage will also be costly and hard to come by, Insurance Commissioner Jim Donelon said Monday.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?